Mindtree enabled a leading American multinational technology conglomerate to grow business revenue by $37mn and improve the time-to-market of its data center products by 25%
The client is an American multinational technology conglomerate headquartered in California, US. The firm develops, manufactures, and sells networking hardware, software, telecommunications equipment, and other high-technology services and products. It also specializes in specific tech markets, such as the Internet of Things (IoT), domain security, and energy management.
In addition to the above, the client also offers data center products, consisting of computing hardware, virtualization support, switching fabric, and management software. The data center products are marketed for scalability by integrating many components of a data center that can be managed as a single unit. The client has over 60,000 customers for their data center products.
In the data center products and servers business, Mindtree’s engagement started with a five-member team and has grown to a team of over 110 members to ensure continuity.
- The client was looking for a partner who could provide interoperability across the gamut of devices in the data center and enable consistent high data refresh speed.
- High-speed computing devices (Rack and Blade servers) along with peripheral devices are required to enable high data refresh speeds. Financial institutions and players in the stock market are some of the end customers who require high-speed data refresh across the globe. Hence, there was a critical need to enable the interoperability of peripheral devices with increased accuracy and automation.
- There was a huge combination of hardware that had to be configured and tested to ensure storage and network adapters, third-party adapters, and operating systems mapping are in accord with the data center servers. Hence, there was a need to build a framework to handle the software packaging of the huge support matrix without any inconsistencies.
- Mindtree developed a Python-based automation framework to cover interoperability across data center devices including all types of operating systems (Linux, VMware, and Windows), network adapters, and storage adapters with the data center servers.
- Automatic installation of operating system images on the servers and drivers for peripheral devices.
- Automated the interoperability matrix report for the client’s end customer to enable them to make hardware procurement decisions to keep their environment upgraded for higher performance.
- Zero-touch automation that will automatically create Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) based on the prediction for the hardware.
- The technology used to develop an end-to-end automation tool was Python, MongoDB, JSON, and API automation
- Faster Time-to-Market: Improved Time-to-market by 25%. Increased the software release efficiency from three to eight releases yearly.
- Customer saw reduction in defects by 30%.
- Reduced L2/L3 support requests by 70%.
- The client appreciated the quality of work done. Mindtree is selected as the sole strategic partner for the client's data center product testing.
- Mindtree’s solution with customized automation framework helped the client to win $37mn business from marquee clients.
- Mindtree delivered an automation tool that helped the client to get additional revenue of $37mn through product license renewals testing.
“Good one team! Glad to see the Intersight ecosystem being leveraged & the BU/TAC partnership in high gear. Keep the innovation going.” - Vice President Engineering, Client Org.
“Supported quarterly release for marquee clients which paved way for winning large opportunity of around $37.5M. Good job Team, Glad to see all the excellent contributions from the team.” - Director Engineering, Client Org.